||The Driver Workforce Development Committee focuses its efforts on helping The Transportation Alliance achieve the following goal: The Transportation Alliance will lead efforts to improve the image, performance and respect for professional drivers and transform the driving position into a professional, rewarding and financially viable career.
The committee's primary charge is to address actions The Transportation Alliance can take to
- create a business environment in which drivers thrive;
- improve the image of drivers;
- enhance driver performance;
- decrease counterproductive restrictions placed on transportation companies in reference to drivers;
- increase the industry's use of scale to secure reduced purchase prices for items used by drivers; and,
- create a supportive participation program for drivers at The Transportation Alliance.